The precious minutes of class are quickly ticking away, as always, you have another class directly afterwards and activities all afternoon. Looking for an efficient way to gather end of class feedback and have it corrected and organized for you?
Exit Tickets are your solution!
An Exit Ticket is a quick check exercise that takes place in the last five minutes of your class. With Socrative, you can take advantage of our Exit Ticket template, or design your own Exit Ticket activity prior to class. Either way, you won’t end up with a pile of uncorrected paper slips that stare at you all afternoon. You’ll get a report that you can use to tailor that night’s homework assignment or clear up a misconception.
So what can you capture?
Exit Tickets provide you an opportunity to take a snap shot of students’:
- Current understanding of key concepts
- Feelings about their understanding, i.e. critical evaluation of their own learning
- Lingering questions
- Preference for methods of content delivery, eg group discovery, videos, teacher led presentation
- Requests for support exercises
- Attitude towards class
- Please enter your last name, first name (ex. West, Michael):
- How well did you understand today’s material? (Multiple Choice)
- What did you learn today? (Open Response)
- Please solve the problem on the board (Your opportunity to ask and capture any question you’d like)
If you want to make your own Exit Ticket template just design it as a Quiz and save it as an Exit Ticket.
- Log into t.socrative.com -> Click “Manage Quiz” -> “Create Quiz”.
- Name the “Quiz” (e.g. Exit Ticket May 12)
- Design your Template
- The “Quiz” will now be available on your Teacher Dashboard under Start Quiz
- Execute it as Student Paced or Teacher Paced
- Adjust your following day’s lesson
- Form study groups
- Differentiate homework assignments
- Design a new Entrance Ticket
These are a just a few ways to use the data to support your progress towards increased student understanding. With Socrative all your students’ information will be gathered and presented to you in easy to interpret and understand formats.